- Categories: Leaks and Leak Repair
Expert Roof Leak Repair Services – North London Roofing, a London Ontario-based roofing company.
Mold and water is never a good thing, especially if it’s on your roof. Not only does it make your home look old, run-down, and dirty, it can also cause major damage to the structure of your home. As one of the top roofing contractors in London Ontario, North London
Roofing has had our fair share of run-ins with mold. We want you to understand why you should call us as soon as you spot it on your roof – and hopefully avoid a costly roofing replacement:
Common Causes of why you need roof leak repair in London Ontario
- Loose, Cracked or Rotting Shingles: If your roof is 20 to 30 years old, you may see signs of aging such as cracking or rotting. In some cases, the shingles may come loose and fall to the ground. A weakened outer layer will expose the underlayment; continued exposure to wind and sun can wear the layers away and eventually cause leaks to form. If your roof is in such a condition, you need to have it inspected. Your roof may only need repairs, which will definitely cost less, and, if properly done, can extend your roof’s life for a few years. This is enough time to prepare for a scheduled roof replacement.
- Roofing Nails Backing Out: Apart from roofing shingles, roofing nails can sometimes back out. This leaves small holes that water can easily penetrate, especially when it’s close to the roof’s edge where wind-driven rain can enter. These little holes are usually unnoticeable to the untrained eye, but not when you have your roof inspected by professional roofers. Catching this issue early helps you prevent bigger repair expenses or even premature roof replacement.
- Damaged or Dislodged Flashing: Flashing is a piece of metal that protects valleys and any spot where the roof meets a vertical surface, such as walls and dormers. If damaged or dislodged by strong winds, this could leave the breaks in the roof exposed, making it easy for rainwater to get in. Timely repairs can help mitigate leaks caused by flashing issues.
- Cracked Rubber Boots: Plumbing vents and anything that protrudes from the roof require a rubber “boot,” which works like flashing by protecting the area where it meets the roof. Continued exposure to outside conditions will eventually crack the rubber boot, meaning it needs to be replaced. Regular maintenance and timely roof leak repairs help spot these problems and prevent roof leaks.
Addressing and Fixing Leaks Promptly
Do you see stains on your roof? It could be mold, which could indicate a leaking roof. North London Roofing is a full-service roofing contractor in London Ontario. We’ll inspect your roof and stop any mold growth. We’ll also perform any roofing repairs or roof replacement if needed. Trust our team to take care of your roof leak repairs and your home!
Are you seeing these signs on your roof? Call North London Roofing for roof repair and maintenance.